Your Defense. Your Lawyer.
Branson Car Accident Attorney
Seeking Fair Compensation for Your Car Wreck Injuries
One moment you are driving down the street and the next thing you know, you’ve been struck by an out-of-control vehicle. You may regard yourself as a safe driver, but even doing the right thing on the road can’t prepare you for other Ozark-area drivers who may be negligent, reckless, and distracting while driving.
The impact of their decision-making (or lack thereof) can be devastating to you as a victim. At Ozark Mountain Attorney, our Branson car accident lawyers have been fighting to recover compensation for accident victims since 2014.
If you or a loved one were involved in a collision due to a negligent motorist, you can rest assured that we have the knowledge and experience to assist you in seeking fair compensation you need to cover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Car Accidents Are a Growing Problem in the Ozarks
Car accidents are a nationwide problem, with statistics from the Bureau of Transportation stating that around 13 car accidents take place every minute. In the state of Missouri, after a dip in accidents in 2020 due to the pandemic where people drove less, car accidents are back on the rise.
While sometimes car accidents can be due to issues out of anyone’s control with no one being at fault (such as poor weather conditions), more often than not, it’s because of one party’s negligence that an accident occurs.
Most of the common causes of accidents in Branson are due to:
- Distracted driving (Texting while driving, etc.)
- Driving while intoxicated
- Reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Violating traffic laws (running red lights, etc.)
At Ozark Mountain Attorney, we conduct a thorough investigation of the circumstances of your accident —from checking police reports to interviewing witnesses to visiting the scene of the accident—to develop a strong case.
It is through these efforts that we can often reach a fair settlement without filing a lawsuit, but we will certainly litigate and take things to court if the situation calls for it so you are rightfully compensated.
When To Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
As a general guideline, it’s best to contact an experienced attorney after a car accident as soon as you can to discuss your case. There are a couple reasons for this, the first being the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is a well known law that essentially limits how long an injury victim can file a personal injury claim.
According to the Missouri Code section 516.120 the state of Missouri has a five-year timeline. This means you have five years from the date your car accident occurred to file your claim or you risk losing your right to do so. Losing your right to file is significant, as filing a legal personal injury claim is how compensation is pursued.
Beyond the statute of limitations, a car accident attorney will walk you through the whole claims process including:
- Ensuring all the correct procedures are followed
- Thoroughly investigate your claim and gather evidence to support your case
- Determine who was negligent and liable for your injuries
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
- If necessary, represent you in court
If you have suffered injuries at the hands of a negligent driver, don’t hesitate to get help. Call our firm today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
A Personal Message from Car Accident Attorney Joe Allen
“My father was killed in a car accident when I was just six months old leaving my mother to care for myself and my two siblings while many times working two jobs to survive. No person should have to struggle financially after being injured or losing a loved one due to the negligence of another person.
One of the major factors affecting my decision to go to law school was to help families like mine who have suffered through injury or death caused by negligence. The vast majority of injury and wrongful death cases are settled before ever going to trial.
Whether it be through negotiation with an insurance company or courtroom litigation I consider it a personal battle to help those who have suffered through life-altering physical injuries or through the death of a loved one.”
What to Do After a Car Accident
Car accidents are scary, chaotic experiences that few are prepared for. If you fortunately still have your bearings and are conscious following the impact of the crash, the actions you take next are crucial when it comes to protecting your rights and strengthening your claim.
Take the following steps after a car accident:
- Call the police: It is a must that you stay at the scene of the accident and wait for the police to arrive to provide information for them to file a report.
- Seek medical attention: If you are hurt, call an ambulance right away and get checked out. If the car accident is serious, they may already be on the way from a witness’ call. Even if you feel you are okay, it is imperative to have an EMT look you over and gauge whether you okay or need to get in an ambulance.
- Gather evidence: From getting the names of the driver, their license plate number and insurance to taking pictures of the scene and your injuries, you need to gather as much evidence as possible. If you are an accident victim, this may be tough or impossible to do.
- Visit a doctor: Even after leaving the scene of the accident, you should see a doctor for further evaluation. Injuries may not show up immediately after an accident and you may feel the effects later.
- Contact a car accident attorney: Resist the urge to contact the at-fault driver’s insurance company or speak to them if they call you. Instead, call Ozark Mountain Attorney immediately to handle your claim. This move will send a message to insurers that you mean business and they may settle your claim for a fair amount.
Discuss Your Case with a Car Accident Attorney in Branson Today
Without the representation of an experienced car accident attorney, you could be risking the proper compensation you rightfully deserve. Our legal team will see to it that your compensation is maximized to the fullest extent possible.
While you focus on getting better, we’ll focus on protecting your interests and making sure the right people are held accountable for your pain and suffering.