Your Defense. Your Lawyer.
Slip & Fall Lawyer in Branson
Helping Injured Victims in the Ozarks Recover Compensation
Property owners have a responsibility to the public to ensure their facilities are well maintained and kept safe for patrons and visitors. However, there are times when property owners fail to uphold safety standards resulting in unsafe conditions like wet floors, broken glass, and other dangers that may lead to a slip and fall accident.
If you suffer a slip and fall at someone else's home, a restaurant, hotel, or another business, the consequences could be serious. You may not be able to walk and have to go through an expensive recovery process, all of which could have been avoided if the property owner did their job in keeping you safe. Demand justice and accountability by hiring Ozark Mountain Attorney. Our experienced Branson slip and fall attorneys have the knowledge, skills, and aggressive attitude to represent you effectively.
Reach out to us at (417) 216-6563 to schedule a consultation. Se habla español.
How Do Slip & Fall Accidents Happen?
Slip and fall accidents can take place anywhere and for many different reasons. Some of the most common sites are grocery stores, restaurants, bars, and other establishments that have tile floors that need regular upkeep and cleaning.
Some of the most common reasons slip and fall accidents occur are:
- Wet or oily floors
- Poorly maintained areas of foot traffic
- Uncovered manholes
- Poor lighting
- Uneven floors
- Cluttered areas
- Unmarked hazards
- Defective equipment (Ramps, escalators, handrails)
- And more
Are any of the mentioned reasons how your accident took place or was it something else? Whatever the circumstances, Ozark Mountain Attorney is here to help you hold the guilty party accountable.
Common Injuries Resulting from Slip & Fall Accidents
A slip and fall accident can result in serious injuries no matter what age you are, but those especially vulnerable to such incidents are people over 65. It’s likely the floor that you fall on doesn’t have any padding to cushion the fall, so the impact of crashing to the ground can be difficult to gauge. Depending on the severity of the accident and your own physical health, a fall can potentially cause lifelong suffering and physical ailments.
Common slip and fall injuries you may sustain include, but are not limited to:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Knee damage
- Strains and sprains
- Neck injuries
- Hip fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bruising, scratches, and scrapes
- Concussions or memory loss
- Nerve damage
- Herniated disks
- Shoulder dislocations
- Wrongful death
Suffering any of the above injuries almost always results in a lengthy recovery process that will bring about high medical costs, time away from work, the potential loss of being able to work due to disability, costs for physical therapy and rehab, and other financial burdens. By enlisting the help of the slip and fall lawyers at Ozark Mountain Attorney, we can help you recover rightful compensation so you can cover these costs and recover without worrying about affordability and your livelihood.
What Complicates Slip & Fall Accident Cases
No matter what caused the accident, if the property owner knew about the condition, knew that this is a routine problem that requires regular maintenance, or should have been aware of it, they are liable for the injuries you have suffered. Though it may seem like this can be a simple case, slip and fall accidents can be quite complicated as you have to prove that the fall happened due to negligence on the owner’s part.
Challenges may arise to complicate your slip and fall claim when the:
- Property owner denies any wrongdoing
- Property owner claims they took the proper safety precautions
- Property owner claims ignorance of the unsafe conditions on their property
- Property owner blames you or suggests your claim to be frivolous
- Property owner gets rid of evidence proving their negligence
- Property owner’s insurance company denies your claim
Property owners and insurance companies recognize that the stakes are high should they be proven liable which is why they may deny your claim or pay you less than what you’re owed. By presenting a strong case, the owner may settle outside of court, but if the case does go to trial, we won’t be afraid to fight on your behalf to recover the damages entitled to you.
What You Should Do Immediately Following a Slip & Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents can strike quickly and out of nowhere. No one leaves their home in the morning prepared for a slip and fall to happen. When the accident does occur, you may be disoriented and uncertain of what to do, especially when the slip and fall is not your fault. The actions you should take are crucial in ensuring that you hold the at-fault party responsible and are properly compensated for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Here's what you need to do right away:
- Seek medical attention immediately: If you are able, call an ambulance or have someone in your party to call an ambulance. This helps to establish credibility in your case and will hurt the defense who may say your injuries were pre-existing.
- Determine what caused the fall: While you may be in pain or shock from the fall, take note of your surroundings to determine what caused the accident. Was it a wet floor and there was no sign indicating such? Was it a defective escalator? A broken rail? Knowing the cause can help to determine if you were a victim of someone’s negligence.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, if possible: You or someone accompanying you should take as many pictures of the area where you fell as possible. Take pictures of your injuries as well as this will present visual proof to help you should your case go to trial.
- Get the contact information of witnesses at the scene: If you are not at fault, these witnesses can vouch for you and result in a stronger claim against the defense.
- Avoid posting updates on social media about your slip and fall accident: Whatever you post on social media can be used against you by the property owner or by insurance companies. These parties are actively looking for reasons to deny your claim or pay you less than you deserve.
- Contact Ozark Mountain Attorney right away: A competent Branson slip and fall attorney can answer your questions, guide you in your case and help you to negotiate a fair settlement. Should the case go to court, we will strategize to get the most favorable outcome and hold the responsible party accountable and possibly prevent future accidents.
Let Ozark Mountain Attorney Seek Justice for Your Slip & Fall
You slipped and fell and are seriously hurt. No matter what the property owner may claim, it wasn’t your fault. Those responsible for your fall need to be brought to justice for their negligence and fairly compensate you for your injuries.
Make the right call to Ozark Mountain Attorney. Dial (417) 216-6563 or complete our online form to schedule a case evaluation with an experienced Branson slip and fall lawyer who will fight to get you the money you deserve.